[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Part 2: Wiki presentation
Due date: September 1, 8, 15, 22, October 6, 13, or 20
Assessment value: 25% of total mark
Purpose: Assignment 1 allows you to become familiar with a selected topic in-depth. The purpose of the second task is to consolidate what each individual did and present findings to your colleagues. In particular, your presentation should answer the question “So what?” You will relate your findings to ‘real’ work settings. You are required to use the ‘wiki’ function in Blackboard for this assignment, which will be a part of the course workshop. This assignment is also designed to give you the opportunity to engage with how the social web works.
Instructions: This assignment involves preparing and presenting a wiki page. There are several steps:
Each group will create a cohesive wiki page in Blackboard that presents an overview of issues related to your weekly theme. (You may use different platforms with permission from the instructor.)
• The content will bring together information from each group member’s individual annotated bibliography. However, you should not just copy and paste from the annotated bibliographies.
• Rather, the wiki should be a summary and synthesis of issues related to the topic with appropriate citations.
• Since a wiki is collaborative by nature, all group members will add and edit content. Use Blackboard to discuss changes to the wiki as needed.
• It is likely that you will notice gaps when the group’s information is brought together. If necessary, then, you will need to seek out supplementary information.
• For online students: each group member will record a screencast or video to summarise their findings (maximum 5 minutes per member). You can also utilise additional multimedia (e.g., concept maps and images).
• For face-to-face students: each group member will give a brief presentation to summarise their findings (maximum 5 minutes per member). You can utilise additional multimedia (e.g., concept maps and images) in your presentation.
Required components in your wiki page are:
2. Names of group members
3. Brief summary of the wiki theme (written as a group)
4. Introduction for each section
5. Screencast or video for each section (additional multimedia is optional)
6. Brief conclusion for each section
7. Reference list
8. Three to five discussion questions (written as a group)
Citation format: Follow the APA style (6th ed.) for references and citations. Remember to cite all information from other sources, not just direct quotations.
Format and submission
Your assignment will be created on Blackboard.
Each group’s blank wiki page will be created by the instructor.
There are no restrictions in terms of format. You can customise as you want.
No ‘submission’ is required. Your wiki will be locked after the due date and cannot be edited after that time.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]