[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Briefly answer the following questions:
1. What are the 5 general purposes of the Railway labor Act?
2. What does the Norris-LaGuardia Act enable?
3. Describe the National Labor Relations Board.
4. Explain the concept of “duty to bargain.”
5. What are the responsibilities of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service?
6. Explain what trade treaties are intended to achieve.
7. Briefly explain the responsibilities and qualifications of a union steward.
8. Briefly describe the structure of national unions.
Select for my approval one of the following topics for your paper # 2 due unit 5:
a. What is the Stereotypical Image of Unions Today and How is it Affecting Their Organizing Activities?
b. What are the Standard Organizing Strategies and Tactics of Unions Today and How Effective Are They?
c. What are the Standard Union Avoidance Strategies and Tactics Today and How Effective Are They?
d. How and Why Did the U.S. Automobile Industry Need To Be Bailed Out?
e.How Has Global Competition Affected Labor/Management Relations in the U.S.?
f. How Has the Aging of Our U.S. Population Affected Labor/Management Relations?
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]