Unit III Project
Database Design Project
With this project, you will be required to apply the information that you acquired from the unit’s readings to assist you in designing a relational database.
For the purposes of this project, choose from one of the following agencies:
• a sheriff’s department with less than 75 employees,
• a municipal court in a county with a population of 100,000, USE FAIRFAX COUTY POLICE DEPARTMENT IN VIRGINIA
• a medium-security transitional center with 500 beds, or
• a juvenile probation office in a large metropolitan community.
Once you have chosen (FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE IN VIRGINIA) your agency, consider the following items.
• Your agency has recently created a specialized unit within its information technology department.
• You are the database administrator (DBA) who supervises that specialized unit.
• The sole purpose of the newly created unit is to organize the numerous types of data that are utilized by the agency into one database.
• The secondary objectives of the new unit are to ensure that the created database meets the needs of the agency, is user-friendly, is expandable, and is capable of addressing future organizational needs.
Your task is as follows:
1) Identify the agency you chose. (FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE)
2) Page 1- writer you will-Prepare a brief summary of the types of relations that are represented in the database that you are creating.
3) Page 2- USE A MICROSOFT PROGRAM TO Prepare an actual visual representation of the proposed database design. This can be accomplished by either
o using the diagram options provided in programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint OR using various drawing software OR by neatly hand drawing the diagram.
o Note: when using the diagram options in the Microsoft Office programs, you have to be careful to make sure that the diagram is not distorted as spacing changes throughout the document. When using drawing programs or the hand-drawing option, you have to make sure that the final product is captured as an image and inserted into your word processing document.
o For conceptual guidance, you can refer to the Murthy “Project” chapter (pp. 267-271) and the Teorey, Lightstone, and Nadeau reading in its entirety.
•PAGE 3 AND 4- Prepare a brief ESSAY discussion about the expected issues associated with implementation of the database (e.g., end-user concerns, cost, and implementation timeframe), measures implemented to address the issues associated with implementation, and measures implemented to ensure the database is expandable and able to address future organizational needs.
• Your discussion should be composed in a three- to four-page paper APA FORMAT. All sources used, including the textbook, should be cited and referenced appropriately.
Unit III Project