- Statement of the problem and reason why it is important to nursing (consider using JACHO guidelines or ANA recommendations or literature on incidence/prevalence/risk factors of the issue)
- How you went about searching for information – include:
o Discussion of search strategy (first assignment)
o Details of evidence found
- Review of the literature – a balanced critique of the literature. This should flow together rather than being a number of individual critiques. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the literature and gaps in knowledge.
- Summary of the current state of knowledge on your problem.
- Discussion of whether this meets with what you have seen in clinical practice.
- Conclusion – the way forward. What needs to be done – more research or consider methods to implement research in practice?