Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
This assessment Item is based on an inquiry that examines an aspect of Technology use in the Queensland Secondary English Classroom, it is to be presented as a paper submitted to the Australian Journal of Teacher Education and needs to be 3500 words . The specific topic chosen for the paper is Social Media use in the Secondary English classroom.
The content of the paper will need to:
1) Define classroom Technology Use
2) Examine the importance of incorporating technology into the Secondary English based on the characteristics of modern students.
3) Examine the importance of incorporating technology into the Secondary English based on the work of respected authors, the Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians, The Australian National Curriculum (English f-10), the Queensland Senior English Syllabus.
4) Using anecdotal evidence and reputable established authors, conduct an inquiry into the use of social media in the English classroom (ie. Facebook, twitter, blogs, etc). Reporting on the pros and cons, and making reference to pedagogy and examples of best practice.
5) Based on the findings of the inquiry make a recommendation for the use of social media in the Secondary English classroom, as a means to benefit students and teachers
For formatting requirements see The Australian Journal of Teacher Education – Author Guidelines http://ro.ecu.edu.au/ajte/policies.html.