[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
1. Give a good and strong introduction to Sustainable Urban Development: what it means? How the idea came out? Why do we need to worry about this? Sustainability is a new phenomenon of Western urbanism. Majority of European developed cities are moving into this direction. There are many good, academic sources about this subject.
2. Moving to the topic: what is the role of energy in sustainable urbanism? Why the world is worried about renewable/alternative sources? (You can put in environmental hazards, and finite fossil fuels as answers). This part is very important indeed.
3. Research about the alternative energy sources. There are many of them available around. You do not need to go in deep research about each of them. You can particularly concentrate on solar panels, wind turbines, and biofuel factories, because my case study will be based on these too. How they work? How much energy they generate? Are they even reasonable to use? Are they cost-efficient? Which cities have them (German cities are known for their solar panel uses, England for wind turbines and many similar samples exist)?
4. Make a two-side story: pros and cons about this topic. What do different scholars say about this? (There is a big debate going on around this whole alternative energy supplies. Some claim that these are the product of paranoid, alarmist environmentalists, whereas others blame the evil capitalism). We should show both sides of stories.
5. In conclusion, we will compare the results and make the final assumption.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]