[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Phase 1 Assignment
As the network engineer, you have been asked to design the new network switching infrastructure that fully supports both the existing data traffic and the additional camera traffic according to the following requirements.
Your network design should address each of the following requirements:
1. Must comply with the Cisco hierarchical design model;
2. Must provide physical, as well as logical, redundancy;
3. Must integrate 1Gb or higher uplinks;
4. Must segment camera IP traffic from the existing network for security reasons;
5. Must support a minimum of 150 cameras and provide connectivity for 120 existing users, printers and servers that will be segmented into 4 departments/workgroups. Plan for 20% future expansion;
6. Must utilize PoE for cameras to avoid the use of power bricks or power injectors;
7. Must provide sufficient bandwidth for full HD support and support existing data usage;
8. Must minimize rack space.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]