In our last lesson, we considered why it is important for every company and individual to craft and execute an effective strategy. In this lesson, we will develop a better understanding of the importance of charting your company’s or career’s future direction by exploring the 5 steps of the strategic management process in the context of career planning.
As you complete the module, spend time thinking about how this process relates to your personal and professional strategies.
Upon the completion of this module, you will be able to:
- List the 5 stages of the strategic management process.
- Define the following concepts:
- career mission
- career vision
- career values
- SMART financial career objectives
- SMART strategic career objectives
- strategic career plan
- strategic career intent
- board of career advisors
- Apply these definitions to develop your own career strategy.
- For an overview charting the future direction of your career, take a look at the following 10 minute video https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13475765/Thompson_Ch02_NLS.m4v
- The following videos from the https://www.youtube.com/user/virtualstrategist?feature=watch contains some very useful information related to this week’s lesson.