You are required to analyze the attached Case titled, ‘Lego Group – Working with Strategy’ and write a report covering the following:
1. A brief overview on how the development of strategy at the LEGO Group reflects the key characteristics of strategic management
2. Strategic opportunities and threats that have influenced strategy development at the LEGO Group
3. Resources and competences of the LEGO Group that have enabled them to regain their successful position in the global toy market
4. An evaluation of the alternative strategies facing the LEGO Group using the Ansoff’s matrix
5. Based on the above, suggestions on how the company should approach growth in terms of directions to ensure a success in the future
Your report must be focused, must demonstrate extensive reading and a holistic understanding. You must critically examine the relevant issues. Descriptive answers would not fetch the higher grades. The following criteria will be used to evaluate your written analysis:
? Referencing and use of proper referencing style
? Research rigor
? Structure, Vocabulary and Cohesiveness of the written analysis
? Analysis of issues and use of appropriate examples
? Understanding of concepts
• Assessment I has a 60% weighting and constitutes the submission of a written Case Analysis (40% weighting in the module) and a Group Viva Voce (20% weighting in the module).
• Students have to ‘pass’ both the written component as well as the viva to pass the assessment.
INSTRUCTIONS (for written case analysis)
• The written Case Analysis has 40% weighting in this module.
• This is a Group Assignment and a group shall consist of 3 students.
• The written analysis of the case should be in the report format and not exceed 3000 words.
• A bibliography must be included and Referencing must be in Harvard style.
• All assignments must be adhered strictly to the deadlines specified by Majan College. Failure to hand in the assignment for any reason and without prior approval and a valid written extension from the module tutor will not be marked and will be awarded a grade G (0) irrespective of the quality of the work. (See student handbook Section 4.4.2.)
• Unacknowledged use of work of others (plagiarism) is regarded as a dishonest practice and will be will be penalized. (See the penalties in the student handbook Section 5.6)
INSTRUCTIONS (Viva Voce)
• The Viva Voce has a 20% weighting in this module.
• The Viva Voce will be based on the written case analysis, submitted by the group.
• The Viva Voce is expected to last 15 – 20 minutes.
• The group should be formally dressed for the Viva Voce.
• The group is advised to make note of the marking criteria and prepare accordingly.
• The Viva Voce Schedule will be published on MOVE .
• The Assignment Submission link on MOVE will be open, a week ahead of the submission date.
• You can submit your assignment multiple times, till the submission deadline. Note that Turnitin could take upto 24 hours to produce similarity reports for submissions.
• The last submission, within the deadline, will be considered as your final submission.
• Assignments should be submitted by 6 pm on the day of the deadline. There is a grace period until midnight to allow for technical difficulties, but any assignment submitted after this will be considered as a late submission. Technical problems will not be accepted as an excuse for a late submission.
• The similarity percentage of your final submission will be one of the factors considered, for assessing the originality of your assignment. However, the decision to report an assignment for plagiarism is taken by the Lecturers, who mark your assignment.
• The Lecturers will consider a number of factors such as Assignment type, part of the assignment where similarity occurs, nature of similarity etc., along with the similarity percentage of your assignment to assess the originality of your assignment. Therefore, similarity percentage would not be accepted as a basis for disputing academic judgments regarding plagiarism.
• Note that the similarity percentage of your submission can change till the submission deadline, if the submissions of other students have similarity to your assignment. Therefore, the similarity percentages are not final, till the assignment submission is closed.
Although grades may be awarded on the basis of marks in some assessments, students should note that both marks and grades will be awarded on the basis of the assessment criteria for each grade.
GRADE GRADE POINT DESCRIPTION GENERAL ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
A+ 16 Excellent • An outstanding piece of work.
• Shows evidence of wider reading and originality
• Strongly analytical. All important points are covered.
• Arguments should be supported by examples and evidence, objectively presented and evaluated,
• Well structured and well written, without noticeable grammatical or other errors.
• Correctly referenced
B+ 13 Very Good • Very good work.
• All main points will have been covered, though minor issues may have been omitted.
• The work will be analytical, balanced and soundly based.
• Examples and supporting evidence should have been included.
• The writing should be essentially correct, without major grammatical or other errors.
• Generally referenced correctly.
C+ 10 Good • Generally good work.
• Most points will have been covered, but many finer points will generally have been missed.
• Shows limited reading.
• Arguments/analysis should be basically well structured and balanced with relevant examples, but with errors and gaps.
• The writing is clear, but has errors that nevertheless do not obscure the meaning.
• Referencing will be present but may at times be inaccurate or insufficient.
D+ 7 Pass • Satisfactory.
• Shows sufficient grasp of the subject to be acceptable.
• Tends to be descriptive.
• Examples and evidence is likely to be weak and limited.
• Shows limited reading.
• Referencing is likely to be absent or very poorly carried out.
E 4 Refer • Unsatisfactory/ Compensatable fail.
• Serious errors and omissions.
• Very little analysis
F 2 Fail
• Work of a very poor standard with little relevant information and/or serious errors.
F- 1 • Work containing little of merit
G 0 • No work submitted
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂