[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
You are required to submit an individual report of 3,000 ±10% words, which can be based on an organization or idea of your own choice.
The strategic analysis must be related to a recognized aspect of business policy, strategic management or the philosophical underpinning of a particular methodology within the public or private sector strategic management domain.
If your analysis is of an organisation then do not submit a functional analysis; for example do not submit a strategic marketing analysis or a strategic human resource analysis. You should be applying the concepts and models from the topics that are within the module to your chosen organisation.
The report must be written in a recognized style, i.e. table of contents, introduction, main analysis, conclusions, recommendations, references and bibliography. You must apply the Harvard system of referencing in your report. And references need to at least 27. Do not use “I””we””us”, using the third person to write the whole report.
To analyse a business policy or strategic management topic, to carry out individual research or evaluation of an organization.
Meet the learning outcomes listed above, identify and critically analyse fundamental issues related to strategic management. Undertake a study that shows clear evidence of synthesis and evaluation.
There are a number of ways you might carry out this assignment: here are a few ideas:
• Use a theoretical model to reflect upon the reality (practice) of a situation. Use theory to predict the outcomes of practice. Use practice to reflect upon / modify theory;
• Compare theory and practice: Does M.E. Porter’s (1985) model of competition support the experience of practitioners? i.e. use a practical example /case / issue to reflect on Porter’s model(s) and examine success and / or failure.
• A case study approach: Is Steve Ballmer, C.E.O. managing Microsoft as effectively as he might? i.e. do an analysis of Microsoft’s performance in relation to declared (or undeclared) strategy and the efficacy of his strategy.
• A recovery plan: My advice to the Chief Executive Officer of the Sony Corporation is ……i.e. suggest a way forward for the organization in light of their poor performance over the last 5 years.
• A risk management strategy: My advice to JP Morgan’s Chief Executive Officer in light of their 2012 $6 Billion trading loss.
These are merely examples of approaches you might take; thinking up your own ideas might be more productive and fun.
Your seminar tutor on the basis of the following general criteria will assess the paper:
• Content – the quality of research and analysis undertaken and the use of initiative in finding sources of information;
• Process – the quality and clarity of the assignment and your ability to demonstrate command over the subject area and the development of a case or argument;
• Discretion – additional credit may be awarded to a student who tackles a difficult subject well.
Other useful documents I will upload after I complete this order
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]