Strasser’s Waste and Want
For this 7-pages writing assignment, select one from the below choices:
1) Out with the Old . . . : In her book, Susan Strasser shows that consuming Americans increasingly embraced resource disposal, most often in lieu of resource reuse. Your task is to identify and analyze at least 3 of the fundamental sources for such change. What caused such a shift toward a throw-away nation? Why did change happen? What values, interests, or desires did these forces reflect? Tip: Please make these sources clear somewhere early in the paper, preferably in/near your thesis.
2) Trash Stratification: In her book, Susan Strasser agues that refuse disposal was central to class and social identities. Your task is to identify and analyze at least 3 of the fundamental ways in which garbage shaped social status in America. How did trash management secure/deny access to channels of power? How did it direct social relationships within and across class lines? Tip: Please make these “fundamental ways” clear somewhere early in the paper, preferably in/near your thesis.
The Source book that you should use:
Susan Strasser, Waste and Want: A Social History of Trash
*Note: The “mini-questions” within each option are intended to be guides, not limitations. Explore further . . . .
*Note on Citations and Sources:
1. You may simply cite your sources by noting page numbers in parentheses.
2. If you are a history major, you should begin experimenting with Chicago-style/Turabian footnotes
3. You may not use any other sources, especially Internet sources. All the information you need is in the assigned book. If I find that you’ve appropriated or adopted any quote or idea from the internet or any unauthorized source, you will fail.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂