HSA 505 Case Study 2: Stopping Outshopping
Case Study 2: Stopping Outshopping
Due Week 7 and worth 220 points
Read the case study titled â€œStopping Outshoppingâ€, located in the online course shell. Then, use the Internet or Strayer databases to research similar marketing strategies in the health care industry.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Based on the textbookâ€™s summary of Timothyâ€™s philosophy of continually striving for excellence, determine whether or not Scarlet Hospital was prepared to compete with the establishment in Salem even before the highway improvement mandated such an upgrade in delivery health care services.
- Examine the potential lessons that the â€œStopping Outshoppingâ€ case could teach health care executives about complacency.
- Evaluate the potential value of Michael Porter’s Five Forces analysis and SWOT Analysis for effective decision making, in its ability to help Scarlet Hospital protect its market share and thus decrease the chance of losing patients to other institutions in Salem.
- Appraise the value of the Balanced Scorecard model in its ability to help Scarlet Hospital executives reinforce its defensive marketing strategy.
- Propose a one (1) page offensive marketing strategy (i.e. communication, branding, innovation, etc.) that Scarlet Hospital should deploy in order to turn the table on Salam-based health care providers and improve its competitive marketing position.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.