[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
This is a two part assay:
1) OUTLINE (FIRST PAGE)
2) ESSAY (SECOND PAGE)
The issue you will address for this essay is:
“Should international agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) and private-public partnerships direct more funding toward improving the environmental and social determinants of neglected tropical diseases (NTD’s), or should massive pharmaceutical programs continue to receive priority funding?”
There are three articles attached to this assignment that are relevant to this issue.
1) MEA Health Synthesis.pdf
2) NeglectedTropicalDiseases Spiegel et al 2010.pdf
3) Infectious Disease Emergence and Global
Environmental Change Butler 2012.pdf
Issues in Human Ecology: Argumentative Paper Assignment INSTRUCTIONS
This assignment is a multi-step process:
1) Identify a current, controversial issue in Human Ecology that you are interested in.
2) Read about the issue and identify reliable sources of information. Take bullet notes of important points from your reading, recording the source citation.
3) Formulate your position on this issue
4) Do further research on viewpoints that argue in favor of your position, and viewpoints that argue against your position; organize your arguments in an outline of your paper (see below); submit your outline, with a reference list in APA format (for Assignment 1 OUTLINE is NOV 24).
4) Based on your outline, write an essay that argues convincingly in support of your position. Write your paper in your own words, then go back and check your references to make sure that what you have written is correct. Make sure that you use cite all of your references appropriately in the text of your paper. Submit your paper, including a full reference list in APA format, (for assignment 2, this is DEC 8TH)
The outline is less than one page long (excluding references), with clear headings and bullets. An example of an outline is given in the course documents. You must submit at least 4 references (APA format) with your outline. At least 75% of your references must be from a peer-reviewed scholarly journal.
DEC 8: SUBMIT YOUR PAPER, WITH TITLE AND FULL REFERENCE LIST
(Submission link will be in Content)
The 500-800 word paper (not including references) should be based on your outline. All references must be cited properly in the text, and listed in the reference section in APA format.
1) Introduce / identify the issue(s).
2) Identify your position on the issue(s).
3) Present and provide support for arguments in favor of your position; present and rebut arguments against your position. (This will entail researching outside sources.)
4) Conclude by summarizing your position and the main supporting arguments.
References: At least 3 peer-reviewed scientific publications, in APA format.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]