Proposed Phase 1 development (hypothetical case)
The general principle for site acquisition is from east to west with each phase following
the field boundaries. The developer has been negotiating with the land owners adjacent
to the boundary of the exemplar phase for a long time. Recently, the developer agreed in
principle to buy the land parcel as shown in Figure 3 subject to the approval of the
detailed planning application. The land parcel identified is 60 acres. It is currently used
for farming. In the detailed planning application, the developer proposes to deliver 300
homes with a primary school, a community facility, a local store and some green space.
30% of the homes are designated to be affordable housing.
Your team is asked to carry out a risk assessment exercise for the proposed
development. You are required to:
1. Identify, contrast and prioritise relevant stakeholder’s concerns of the project
2. Develop a set of critical success factors for the project (10%);
3. Define the scope and boundary of assessment (What are the types of risks
assessed and not assessed in this exercise?), approach and processes (How are
the risk events identified? (e.g. through a number of brainstorming exercises)
Who are involved? What are the rules set for the identification activities? How are
the risk events classified? How are the risk events ranked? What are the
outcomes of the identification activities in the risk assessment process?) (35%);
4. Identify and classify risk events in accordance with the approach and processes
defined in 3. (15%);
5. Assess and prioritise risk events with reference to the approach and processes
defined in 3. (15%);
6. Identify significant risk events and develop risk mitigation plans that describe the
actions and the party that are responsible for the actions (15%)
The exercise shall be summarised in a report that includes a risk log appended to it. You
are encouraged to use diagrammatic methods (e.g. a hierarchy of objectives, and cause
and consequence map of risks, etc.) to effectively depict the results of the various tasks
described above. The weightings for individual tasks that contribute to the group
assignment are shown in the brackets above. An assessment criteria matrix for this exercise is shown on page 7.
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!