Introduction to the Nonprofit Sector
DUE THURSDAY PM NEW YORK TIME APA FORMAT 1-2 PAGES UNTILIZING UPLOADED RESOURCES IN CITATIONS AND REFERENCES
Recruiting reliable, helpful volunteers can seem like a daunting task. Actually, it is likely to be less daunting if you are organized in your efforts. For example, if you think about what skills and talents your volunteers need and the work they will perform, you can direct your recruiting efforts accordingly. NPOs depend on volunteers to fulfill their mission and vision, so recruiting the best possible volunteers is extremely important. And, fortunately, more and more people are feeling a call to engage in volunteer work for their communities and the causes they support. In this Discussion, you will focus again on your Final Project NPO and consider the types of volunteers you would need to support the activities of your organization.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review this week’s Learning Resources, focusing on the recruitment of volunteers and their roles and functions within NPOs.
• Consider the NPO you are creating for the Final Project.
• Think about what kinds of volunteers you would seek for your organization.
• Reflect on the various duties and functions you would want these volunteers to perform in your organization.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Thursday 9pm New york Time a brief summary of an NPO you were to reate for reaching at risk youth in inner city America. Explain what kinds of volunteers you would use in your organization, why you would pick those specific types of volunteers, and how you would put them to work in and for your organization.
- Course Text: The Complete Guide to Nonprofit Management
- Chapter 13, “Your People and Their Environment”
- Course Text: Managing the Nonprofit Organization
- Part 4, “People and Relationships”