[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
For this essay, discuss one of the following topics in some detail, using relevant reading and providing evidence from at least one, but maximum three case studies.
• What role do British broadcasters play in supporting the British film industry? Discuss your answer focusing on either BBC, Channel 4 or Sky.
• How do film and television work together by creating cross-media content to combat the problem of increasingly fragmenting audiences? Discuss this by focusing on one example.
• How is television becoming more cinematic? Explain your answer using the example of 2-3 television programmes.
• How is cinema becoming more like television? Discuss your answer focusing on 2-3 film franchises.
• Focusing on one media conglomerate, discuss how Hollywood and the US television industries are increasingly merging into one.
• Compare and contrast the online presences of one film and one comparable TV programme (e.g. True Blood (HBO, since 2008) and Twilight (different directors, 2008, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012). Discuss their websites by considering in particular target audiences and niche interests.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]