Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
Questions/answers 1 to 18 (document attached) need to be analyzed and linked to Human Resource Training and Development theory/framework/concepts.
Q3:Have you been to any workshop in the last month? Briefly explain your experience.
- No – I was away for 3 weeks.
- Yes, the team was very enthusiastic
- Yes – It was a workshop on Technical skills and I found it very helpful.
- Yes, the HR team was very welcoming and provided me with a lot of helpful tips on how to better manage time and employees.
- Yes – it was a great experience, the HR team was very helpful and answered all the questions asked.
- Yes, it was very helpful.
Q4: Are these trainings mandatory? If so, how does this make you feel?
- Yes – I like that they are mandatory this way I make sure that I go
- I think so
- I dont know
- I think so, I feel good about it because even if I don’t want to attend to those workshops, the fact that is mandatory makes me experience such training and afterwards I feel good because I learnt something.
- I am not sure
- Some yes some are not.
- Some are, some aren’t. I like the flexibility of this.
- I am not sure
Q7:Do these training session contribute to your personal development or of the organization? Please give a brief explanation on your answer
- I feel that it contributes more to my personal development as the skills learnt can be used in any other bank.
- It contributes to my personal development as it equips me with technical skills.
- It depends on which session you are asked to go to.
- organisation as well as myself.
- I think both.
- The training session that I have attended to contribute to my personal development as well as the organization. An example is how 2 weeks ago I went to a workshop on leadership skills, this not only benefits myself but Barclays too as the skills learnt can help me guide my team.
Q8: How consistent are the training and development programs at Barclays to culture of the organization? Please give a brief explanation on your answer.
- The hr team always makes a link to the culture of the bank and the workshop.
- Very consistent, the session always covers the main values of the bank and how the workshop would help us achieve better results ensuring to keep the core values in mind.
- Very consistent
- I feel that the hr team is very constant at making the session
- I find it very consistent
- I find Barclays culture reflected on all workshops I have been to.
- I think that the HR team at Barclays does a good job at making the session aligned with Barclays bank culture.
- I find Barclays corporate culture very consistent with the hr training and development. One a week I get on the newsfeed a reminder of what Barclays stands for (culture) and also at the workshops this is reminded.
- As a whole Barclays bank is very supportive to those who want to further develop their career
Q10:Would you describe Barclay’s culture as a strong learning culture? (A culture that promotes employees self development and growth within the organisation). Please give a brief explanation on your answer.
- My department has a very strong learning atmosphere.
- Employees are often learning at Barclays
- Barclays offers many learning tools to all employees.
- Very demanding therefore managers often send you to workshop, yes it is a sting learning culture.
- My manager often sends me abroad for learning workshops therefore I think the bank offers a learning environment for those who are interested
- Yes – my team and the HR team always pushes me to learn something good – very motivating place to working.
- Yes – Barclays bank always motivates its employees to learn.
- I have done an internship at a different bank before I became part of the team and from my personal experience, I feel that Barclays has a strong learning culture, always offering further development at a personal and professional level.
Q12:(If Yes on the previous) Do you feel comfortable going to them directly when you have issues with your training? Please give a brief explanation on your answer.
- I really do not have a problem reaching out to the HR team
- The team is always making contact therefore it quite easy to reach out to them
- Very comfortable
- It is always very nice to see the HR team as the support any ideas you have.
- Very comfortable as the HR team is always very approachable
- Absolutely, the hr team is always very kind and looking for ways to improve making it easy to give feedback
Do you have aspirations to grow within the company? Please give a brief explanation on your answer.
- Maybe, I first want to see how is like to be part of the bank for at least 2 years
- Yes – my motivation is to grow within the company
- Yes – a reason why I was attracted to work for Barclays was the long term aspiration that I have as I want to grow within the company.
- Yes – I have done some training already for my upcoming promotion.
Q16:If you could change two things from Barclays T&D programme, what would those two things be?
- I would send a test or survey to ensure that employees gained knowledge from the training sessions
- Not much, the workshops are very helpful
- Evaluation of the sessions to ensure it was worth it and everyone learnt
- There is no form of checking how effective the workshops are
- I would evaluate the individuals that attended to ensure that everyone learnt something from the session.
- I would ensure that all employees learnt something and did not only attend because it was mandatory
- Time: I would offer more options for all session – I would ask managers to reinforce what was learnt in the session