In a 2- to 3-page paper, critique the representation of psychological research in a contemporary media piece, and address each of the following prompts:
- Were you skeptical upon initially hearing the findings? Why or why not?
- Was the source of the information credible? Why or why not?
- Did you think there were examples of oversimplification for purposes of monetary gain? Why or why not?
- Did the article (online news story, print or online written piece) provide “proof”? Support your answer with examples.
- Cite the evidence (or lack of evidence) for the study using a control group.
- Did the research suggest causation or correlation? Cite examples to support your answer.
- Were the inferences in the study supported by the data? Cite examples.