Write report and take pic for the result and put it in the report
As I have emphasized in class, you are required to use Matlab plot command to plot all figures for your final project. If you use scope to demonstrate your figures, you will lose 10 points for each figure shown by scope in your final project. You must use proper labels to explain your figures.
Given the following machine parameters of a permanent magnet dc motor, design the needed controller according to the steps and criteria stated in this project.
Table 1: DC Motor Parameters
|Tfriction||0. 0756 Nm|
|418rad/s (or 4000rpm)|
Design a cascaded controller to control the speed of this dc motor that meets the following criteria:
- Maximum overshoot within 20%
- Steady state error = 0
- Reasonable rise time (you may define this)
- Design a torque (current) controller as the inner loop controller (it will be provided).
- Design a speed controller as the outer loop controller.
- Verify and validate your design with MATLAB/Simulink simulation against the criteria.
Note: The speed controller has a current limit output of 5 A. Similarly, the control voltage output from the current controller has a limit of 42V. You may test the response of the controller by giving a step change in speed from 200 rad/s to 400 rad/s.
Project report should include:
- Brief description of the cascaded controller design
- The description of your model block by block.
- The final simulation results including speed (reference and real), armature current (reference and real), and the input armature voltage of the motor.
- Conclusions and discussions
The following page provides some hints about the project:
- The block diagram of the project is shown as the following (the part enclosed by the red frame is representing the motor)
- The m file providing the initial values is as the following