Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
Write a 750 – 1000 word essay on an educational model, constructs of a learner, and self-reflection.
1. Choose an educational model – (Please use the Andragogy (adult learning) model)
2. What are the underlying assumptions relating to this model. How is it used most effectively?
3. Reflect on initial constructs as a teacher within the framework of the chosen educational model. What are the constructs (attitudes, personal assumptions, beliefs) in relation to the model? Do these attitudes influence how the model will be used?
4. Specifically reflect on an individual’s need as a learner. Utilising the andragogy model what are an individual’s learning needs within this model
5. Look at how the model is used and its limitations / applications
6. Explore how my nursing practice is guided by educational models
7. Justify these by integrating supportive literature
I am a nurse transitioning from clinical practice to clinical teaching so please write the essay from this perspective.
I choose Andragogy (adult learning) because it is a theory that holds a set of assumptions about how adults learn. It uses approaches to learning that are problem-based and collaborative rather than didactic, and also emphasises more equality between the teacher and the learner.
Grading requirement of this essay:
The essay on teaching and learning summary reflects a, knowledgeable and insightful exploration of the key elements of their own learning needs and constructs as a teacher within their chosen educational model. The components are clearly distinguished from the description and reflect a careful and detailed analysis of the applied theory of teaching and learning principles and an education model.