- The Project should be 7–10 pages in length, with 10-point font, and double-spaced. Include a cover page, table of contents, introduction, body of the report, summary/conclusion, and works cited.
- At least six authoritative outside references are required. These should be listed on the last page, titled Works Cited.
- Appropriate citations are required.
- Papers are due during Week 7 of this course.
Course Project Topic
- Preventing Fraud and Abuse in Managed Care
APA in-text citation is required in addition to listing all of your sources on a works cited page at the end of the document.
Please utilize the outline topic and reference information on the attachment.
Sections of Project
The Course Project must include the following sections in addition to a cover page and table of contents. It may also include other sections if you deem it necessary and appropriate.
- Define the Challenges and Problems Associated With Your Topic
- Review of the Literature
- Challenges/Problems Analysis
- Recommend Solutions
- Implementation of Solutions
- Summary and Conclusion
- Works Cited
The following are the best practices in preparing this paper.
- Cover Page—Include who you prepared the paper for, who prepared it, and the date.
- Table of Contents—List the main ideas and section of your paper and the pages in which they are located. The illustrations should be included separately.
- Introduction—Use a header on your paper. This will indicate you are introducing your paper.
The purpose of an introduction or opening:
- Introduce the subject and why the subject is important.
- Preview the main ideas and the order in which they will be covered.
- Establish a tone of the document.
Include in the introduction a reason for the audience to read the paper. Also, include an overview of what you are going to cover in your paper and the importance of the material. (This should include or introduce the questions you are asked to answer on each assignment.)
- Body of Your Report—Use a header titled with the name of your project. Example: “The Development of Hotel X—A World Class Resort.” Then proceed to break out the main ideas. State the main ideas, state major points in each idea, and provide evidence. Break out each main idea you will use in the body of your paper. Show some type of division, such as separate sections that are labeled; separate groups of paragraphs; or headers. You would include the information you found during your research and investigation. Sections for the HSM420 Course Project are as follows.
- Define the Challenges and problems associated with your topic
- Review of the literature
- Challenges/problems analysis
- Recommended solutions
- Implementation of solutions
- Summary and Conclusion—Summarizing is similar to paraphrasing but presents the gist of the material in fewer words than the original. An effective summary identifies the main ideas and major support points from the body of your report. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the ideas and how they affect the industry.
- Work Cited—Use the citation format as specified in the Syllabus.
Additional hints on preparing the best possible project are below.
- Apply a three-step process of writing: plan, write, and complete.
- Prepare an outline of your research paper before you go forward.
- Complete a first draft, and then go back to edit, evaluate, and make any changes required.
- Use visual communication to further clarify and support the written part of your report. You could use example graphs, diagrams, photographs, flowcharts, maps, drawings, animation, video clips, pictograms, tables, and Gantt charts.