• * This exam is compose from two parts which are choosing two questions from the list (EXAM TOPICS)
• To answer those two questions, you need to follow the instructions bellow
• Answering each question that you chose should be from (5 to 8 pages)
• So the total should be about (10 to 15 pages) for the both questions
• The key important thing is using a footnote and using the lectures notes
• The textbook that we use is (Oatley, Thomas International Political Economy: 5th Edition.
• The Instructor:
W. Seay, “The Origins of political Economy”
ECON 101:Virginia Commonwealth University
The instructions of exam:
The introduction should have the theses statement ( one sentence) no longer that 2 sentence.
2- each paragraph in the Body needs to have closing sentences with your analysis (from 5-8 sentences).
Exams in your response exams
1- the primarily sources data should be from
• 5 paragraphs from the lecture notes
• 5 paragraphs from the text book
• 5 paragraphs from scholarly books
• 5 paragraphs from scholarly articles
2- the secondary resources data from
• Magazine, newspaper and journals
3- use one of two graph
***NOTE THAT ALL DATA SHOULD BE FOOTENOTED AND ALSO THE DATA FROM LECTURES NOTE AND TEXTBOOK NOTES SHOULD ALSO FOOTNOTED.
Exam Completion: This information is from the syllabus
1-ALL EXAMINATIONS WILL BE RESEARCH BASED AND MUST CONTAIN DATA FROM SCHOLARLY BOOKS AND ARTICLES, DOCUMENTS, CLASS LECTURE NOTES AS WELL AS MAPPING ACTIVITIES.
2. STUDENT S WILL BE GIVEN AN ESSAY TOPICAL GUIDE FOR EACH OF THE THREE EXAMS-TWO TOPICS OF WHICH THEY WILL CHOOSE TO WRITE AS ESSAYS. EACH ESSAY WILL COUNT AS 50 POINTS-100 POINTS TOTALED FOR BOTH ESSAYS.
3. EACH RESPONSE IS TO BE 5-8 PAGE, TYPED, AND DOUBLE SPACED. DATA FROM CLASS LECTURES AS WELL AS THE TEXT ARE TO BE USED*****HOWEVER, STUDENTS MUST FOOTNOTE AT LEAST THREE BITS OF DATA FROM THREE SCHOLARLY SOURCES (THREE BOOKS OR TWO BOOKS AND ONE ARTICLE) TO PROVE THEY HAVE MADE THIS EXAM ASSIGNMENT ONE THAT IS RESEARCH BASED. THE PROFESSOR WILL ALSO RECOMMEND VARIOUS SCHOLARLY BOOKS CONCERNING IPE THAT STUDENTS SHOULD REFERENCE. YET PUPILS MAY USE BOOK SOURCES INDEPENDENT OF WHAT IS RECOMMENDED. *** DO NOT, HOWEVER, USE ONLY ONLINE ARTICLES. THIS WILL NOT MAKE FOR AN ACCEPTABLE EXAM.
**TWO OR THREE ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL DOCUMENTS MAY BE USED ALONG WITH OR IN PLACE OF ARTICLES. THE MORE DIVERSE THE RESEARCH, THE HIGHER THE GRADE A STUDENT MAY RECEIVE.
*** You are not allowed to use the following databases: Wikipedia, Secopedia, and any website similar to it.
4. AT LEAST 10-15 PARAGRAPHS IN EACH EXAM ESSAY SHOULD DERIVE FROM THE LECTURE AND MAP NOTES WHILST A REMAINING 10-15 PARAGRAPHS ARE TO BE BASED UPON SCHOLARLY SOURCE RESEARCH (BOOKS AND ARTICLES BY ECONOMISTS, GEOGRAPHERS, POLITICAL SCIENTISTS AND HISTORIANS AS WELL AS DOCUMENTS).