Political &amp; Social Philosophy
MID-TERM EXAM 2 2014
Answer ONE of the following questions in an essay of 1000-2000 words. Please submit in Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 30 November.
- How does Rousseau reconcile the freedom of the individual with the authority of the state? In answering the question, explain Rousseau’s concept of the general will?
- In what respects should a person be recognized by the state? Answer the question with reference to Hegel’s views in The Philosophy of Right.
- Does the economic structure of a society determine its ideological superstructure (art, education, political system, legal system, etc.)? In answering the question draw on Marx’s analysis of industrial capitalist society.
- What is John Stuart Mill’s harm principle? Is it the only principle necessary to safeguard human rights?
- Answer a question of your own devising, which compares the views on social and political philosophy of any two of the following philosophers: Rousseau, Hegel, Marx, Mill.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂