Introduction to Business Paper Instructions:
In the form of a formal business paper, answer the following questions about your assigned company (provided on page two of this sheet). Remember to consider each set of questions as a separate heading. When you have completed this paper submit it into the Dropbox.
- How involved is this company in international business. Use specific examples to explain.
- How would you rate this company’s stance on business ethics? Use such things as this company’s code of ethics, ethics officers, or recent news articles on this company’s ethical and social responsibility as support for your answer.
- Use at least three Key Financial Ratios to begin to analyze this company’s financial strength or weakness. Show your work for the ratios and then explain what the results mean for the company.
- Analyze this company’s stock value over the last 12 months. List at least two events that caused either an increase or decrease in this stock’s value.
- Describe one target market of this company and how it specifically manipulates the marketing mix to satisfy the needs and wants of this target.
- Describe the overall organizational structure and corporate culture of this company and the names of some of the more prominent top managers.
- What are some ways that this company uses Information Technology to increase productivity and customer satisfaction?
- Describe this company’s transformation process in terms of operational management and/or their supply chain.
Answer all of the questions in the form of a formal business paper. Create a title for your paper and separate each of your answers using a heading. Also, include a title page, table of content, page numbers, and work cited page.
|Example: Southwest Airlines
According to a recent article, Southwest Airlines . . .
Southwest Airlines is limited to . . .
Potential Sources (You may wish to use some of the following sources in your analysis, among others):
· Your company’s Web site.
Citation of Sources:
When using information from a secondary source, don’t forget to cite that source. The following sites should be able to give you some guidance:
Company Assignment (Designated based on the first letter of your last name)
|A-B||United Parcel Service Inc.||M||Dell Inc.|
|C||Polaris Industries Inc.||N||Apple Computer Inc.|
|D||Gap Inc.||O-P||3M Company|
|E-F||Deere & Co.||Q-R||Target Corp.|
|G||Best Buy Co. Inc.||S||FedEx Corp.|
|H-I||Procter & Gamble Co.||T||Southwest Airlines Co.|
|J||Nike Inc.||U-V||Caterpillar Inc.|
|K||Ford Motor Co.||W-X||Google Inc.|
|L||General Mills Inc.||Y-Z||Intel Corp.|
|Grading Rubric Criteria:||Below Average||Average||Above Average||Total Points|
|International Business||Below average description and few examples used (1-2)||Average description and few examples used (3-4)||Detailed description and multiple examples used (5-6)||6|
|Business Ethics||Below average description and few examples used (1-2)||Average description and few examples used (3-4)||Detailed description and multiple examples used (5-6)||6|
|Financials||Missing one or more ratios and average to below average level of analysis (1-2)||Missing one or more ratios or average level of analysis (3-4)||Includes at least three ratios and detailed analysis (5-6)||6|
|Stock Value||Average analysis and no events mentioned (2-4)||Average analysis or no events mentioned (5-6)||Detailed analysis and two events mentioned (7-8)||8|
|Organizational Structure||Below average description and no managers mentioned
|Average description or no managers mentioned (5-6)||Detailed description and managers mentioned (7-8)||8|
|Marketing Mix||Below average description of target and each component of Marketing Mix (5-6)||Average description of target and each component of Marketing Mix (7-8)||Detailed description of target and each component of Marketing Mix (9-10)||10|
|Information Technology||At least one example provided on how this company uses IT (1-2)||At least two examples provided on how this company uses IT (3)||At least three examples provided on how this company uses IT (4)||4|
|Transformation Process||Below average description (1-2)||Average description (3)||Detailed description (4)||4|
|6 or more errors (1-2)||4-6 errors (3)||1-3 errors (4)||4|
|Format/Style/Citation||4 or more errors (1-2)||3-4 errors (3)||1-2 errors (4)||4|