[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Operations Management ( Cases’s detail see the first attachment)
One of the key aspects of any business (the business being considered in a broad sense) is to provide services and/or products in line with customer demands. Operations Management deals with the design and management of delivery of these products and services including processes and supply chains. The study of Operations Management involves every level i.e. strategic, tactical and operational.
You are an Operations Management Consultant. You are required to undertake an individual research project and to prepare a Management Report (6000 words) based on the case studies entitled Heathrow Terminal 5.
The key aspects that need to be covered within the report are:
• Critically evaluate the key Operations Management issues faced by both the British Airports Authority and British Airways.
• For each issue identified, critically discuss the most appropriate techniques, methods, models and tools available that you would have possibly identified within the lectures and seminars in class. (I am flexible in you bringing in your knowledge form other modules as well but the issues have to be purely operational.)
• Relate the findings from first and second points and critically evaluate which of these techniques, methods, models and tools YOU would have chosen and justify your choice with relevant research.
• Reflect your findings in the light of actions taken by British Airways.
You need to follow a REPORT FORMAT.
Report Structure and Layout:
• Cover Page: Your Name and Student Number and the word count.
• Executive Summary
• Key issues identified by the two organisations (BAA and BA) [1500 words]
• Identification of the key approaches, concepts that apply to these issues including the HOW AND WHY [2000 words]
• Reflecting and relating your findings in point 4 and how they relate to what BA did along with your recommendations. You would be expected to provide justification of every aspect and solution to every issue. [1500 words]
• Conclusion: Overall comparison of your proposed action(s) when compared with that of the British Airports Authority and British Airways. [1000 words]
Further tips: <
• Structure within the sections identified can contain further subheadings (such as Techniques, Methods, Models, Tools, Strategies etc.)
• Although we have provided with you a Case Study but the problems associated with Heathrow Terminal 5 have all been well written in both the practitioner and academic world. I would, therefore expect you to expand on the case study.
• You might want to bring in examples from other industry or even other airports.
• The report MUST have a proper reference list in the end of the assignment.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]