Unit Assessed: ?Unit 6 Nutrition for Sports Assignment: ?Assignment 1: Calorific value, energy balance and micronutrient requirements of athletes.
In your write up of tasks appropriately apply your responses to at least one endurance, one power athlete. Provide details of the sport, level and experience of each
athlete/performer. In task 7 comment only on the athletic group examples provided.
To achieve a Pass level in this assessment the following must be included:
1. Discuss the structure and function of carbohydrates (CHO), fats and proteins including calorific values and recommended daily allowances. P1.1,
- In addition discuss the CHO and fat metabolism pathways. Apply to sports performer examples.P1.1, P1.2.
Explain methods of calorie intake and expenditure assessment to determine energy balance. P1.2.
Discuss the relative proportion of substrates (Foodstuff/Nutrition) used for energy production using methods of indirect calorimetry. P1.3, P1.4.
Discuss the functions, dietary sources and recommended daily allowance (RDA) of water soluble, fat soluble and antioxidant vitamins,P2.1
Discuss the functions, dietary sources and recommended daily allowance (RDA) of the micronutrients for Sport and Exercise participants.. P2.2.
Discuss the symptoms and implications of micronutrient deficiency referring to certain athletic groups P2.3
To achieve a Merit level in this assessment the following must be included:
1. Explain the O2 consumption and CO2 product/metabolic rate), analysing the assumptions and limitations of these methods. Apply to sports performer examples.
- Use relevant theory to justify work
To achieve a Distinction level in this assessment the following must be included:
1. Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions specifically for calorimetry and the role and function of macro and micro nutrients in
Books: ?Bean, A. (2000). The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition. A & C Black)
Ewin, J. (1995). The Fats We Need to Eat. Harper Collins.
Frank, D. (1997). Sports Training Principles – Sport, Nutrition and Fitness. A & C Black.
Leonard, M. (2000). Thorsons Complete Guide to Vitamins and Minerals. Harper Collins.
Manmore, M and Thompson, J. (2000). Sport Nutrition for Health and Performance. Human Kinetics.
Tortora, G and Grabowski, S (1996) Principles of Anatomy and physiology, HarperCollins College
?Wardlaw and Smith. (2006). Contemporary Nutrition – Issues and Insights. McGraw Hill.
Webb, G. (1995). Nutrition – A Health Promotion Approach. Hodder Arnold.
Williams, D (1996) Exercise Physiology, Lippincourt, Williams & Wilkins
?Wilmore and Costill (1999) Physiology of Sport and Exercise 2nd edition, Human Kinetics
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂