World religious traditions class.
This assignment is designed to help you identify the relevance and importance in society today for a religious tradition you would like to study further.
Choose one of the religions discussed in this course
Create a 15- to 20-slide presentation to summarize the key ideas of the religion you have chosen.
Include the following:
- What are common characteristics your chosen religion shares with the others?
- How is this religion responding to challenges (e.g., the rise of critical and scientific methodologies) in the modern world?
- What has changed about the roles of women in the religion over time?
- Discuss eastern religion and contemporary ethics.
Include a title slide and a references slide, and any applicable images.
Use bulleted items on the slides and more extensive materials in the speaker notes.
Cite at least one reference in addition to Experiencing the World’s Religions.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes.
Format your paper consistent with course-level APA guidelines.
book used in class
Molloy, M. (2013). Experiencing the world’s religions: Tradition, challenge, and change (6th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.