For the 18 remaining broad topics, only one narrowed topic has been provided. Come up with two additional narrowing questions that might lead to compelling thesis statements for each of these topics.
Violence in schools
- What causes violence in high schools?
- Is there a developing trend in frequency or type of school violence?
- How should violent school children be punished?
- What can be done to prevent school violence?
- Which drugs should be illegal?
- What kinds of drugs are the most dangerous?
- Is there a correlation between childhood exposure to drugs and use of drugs in adulthood?
- What kind of penalties should there be for the various kinds of illegal drug offenses?
- What are the effects of illegal immigration?
- What are the effects of legal immigration?
- How should immigration laws be enforced?
- What’s the driving force behind illegal immigration?
- What makes people believe the way they do?
- Is it morally right to go to war to defend one’s religion?
- How does the history of any given religion differ from the values in its sacred text?
- How can people of different religious backgrounds live together harmoniously?
- Is it necessary to go to college in order to be successful?
- Are the current speed limits too high to ensure the safety of drivers?
- Should children spend more time watching educational programs?
- Should the government protect citizens from false advertising?
- Are some kinds of video games beneficial for young people’s minds?
- How much say should the government have about how parents treat their children?
- What is the best solution for the problem of our growing prison populations?
- Should it be legally required for pet cats and dogs to be spayed or neutered?
- Should health insurance companies be able to deny coverage to patients with pre-existing conditions?
- Are professional athletes paid too much?
- How much good does recycling really do?
- Should it be legal for children to get plastic surgery?
- Do we have a responsibility to protect forests and other natural landscapes for wild animals?
- At what age should a teenager be able to get his or her first job?
- Are casinos unfairly manipulating gamblers?
- What’s the fairest way to tax US citizens?
- Would a school without grades be successful?
- Are people spending too much money in order to keep up with the latest gadgets?
This assignment does not require that you use APA formatting or citations; however, you should identify any words or ideas you draw from your readings.