This week you will reflect upon the â€œModes of Deathâ€ and answer the following question:
- The homicide detective is familiar with the manner, means, and mode of the eight most common kinds of death. Explain your understanding of these areas.
- For this question, identify in writing the nature and extent of gunshot wounds and the characteristics of the wounds such as searing, reentry, ricocheting, and the bullet track. Describe each one and how they are inflicted.
- Compare and contrast the following modes by telling of their characteristics in cause of death:
– A cutting wound
– A stabbing wound
– Death by asphyxia
– Death by arson
- 1,500 words (5-7 pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Include a title page and reference page in APA style
- References are not required; however, you should include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
- Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type