Assignment 4: Communication Methods
First, choose five (5) different communication methods listed in Chapter 8 and identify an advantage and a disadvantage for each one.
Second, for the following four (4) scenarios, decide which method would be most effective and justify your answer. Draft a form of communication for each.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper that addresses the following scenarios:
- One of your employees is constantly late, leaving food and drinks at the work station, and you are forced to address the situation.
- You need to let all employees know about a company special event.
- You hear from a friend that a client is about to sign a contract with one of your present competitors.
- You have three bids on a piece of equipment and you need to get a management decision on purchasing.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format, a Microsoft Word document.
- Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
- In addition to the three to four (3–4) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Stuart, B. E., Sarow, M. S., & Stuart, L. (2007). Integrated business communication:
In a global marketplace. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.