Buy an essay today
MGT 498 Latest Finals August 2016 Version 100% Score
1. In a survey of 50 corporations, which of the following was rated as a benefit of strategic management?
2. Research suggests that strategic management evolves through four sequential phases in corporations. The first phase is
3. Strategic management is that set of managerial decisions and actions that determine the long-run performance of a corporation. Which one of the following is NOT one of the basic elements of the strategic management process?
4. The relationship among the board of directors, top management, and shareholders is
5. The concept that proposes private corporations have responsibilities to society that extend beyond making a profit is known as
6. Who said that the social responsibility of business is a “fundamentally subversive doctrine” and that the one social responsibility of business is “to use its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays with the rules of the game…”?
7. Which of the following is NOT descriptive of external environmental scanning?
8. According to Porter, the corporation is most concerned with
9. When a company determines a competency’s competitive advantage, Barney refers to this issue as
10. An acronym for the assessment of the external and internal environments of the business corporation in the process of strategy formulation/strategic planning is
11. In the development of a SFAS matrix, the first step is to
12. The technique that illustrates how management can match the external opportunities and threats with its strengths and weaknesses to yield four sets of strategic alternatives is called a (an)
13. Which strategy specifies the firm’s overall direction in terms of its general orientation toward growth, the industries or markets in which it competes, and the manner in which it coordinates activities and transfers resources among business units?
14. Continuous improvement is an operations concept developed in
15. The process by which a firm approaches its cross-border activities and those of competitors, and plans to approach them in the future, is called
16. What question must managers ask concerning the relationship between economic logic and international strategy?
17. Which strategy is developed to pull together the various activities and competencies of each department so that corporate and business unit performance improves and resource productivity is maximized?
18. The strategy that deals with product and process innovation and improvement is known as a ________ strategy
19. The hiring of new people with new skills, firing of people with inappropriate or substandard skills, and/or training existing employees to learn new skills are included the process of
20. The strategy implementation tool used to determine what actions are going to be taken, by whom, during what time frame, and with what expected results is called a(n)
21. Executives with a particular mix of skills and experiences may be classified as an executive type and paired with
22. According to the text, what is the “key” to effective management of change in culture
23. The sum total of the activities and choices required for the execution of a strategic plan is known as in
24. Who typically implements strategy in large, multi-industry corporations?
25. Which one of the following is NOT a part of the evaluation and control of performance
26. The end result of activity is known as
27. Which is the MOST commonly used measure of corporate performance (in terms of profit)?
28. Because of the belief that accounting-based numbers such as ROI, ROE, and EPS are not reliable indicators of a corporation’s economic value, which method of corporate performance is now preferred?
29. Which company experienced a tarnished reputation and scandal after experiencing behavior substitution when employees altered their behavior on the job to fit the reward system?
30. Suboptimization occurs when
Strategic planning in a multidivisional corporation
One reason environmental uncertainty is a threat to strategic managers is because
If performance data and activity reports indicate undesirable performance as a result of inappropriate use of the strategic management process, operational managers must
We can offer a similar ASSIGNMENT at a reasonable price. All our papers are written from the scratch and 100% plagiarism free.