The simplified instructions for this order:
One of the important aspects of the business world is that people use graphs and data to illustrate what is going on. The business world is quantitative and it is important to realize how businesses use numbers.
However, one number by itself is not helpful to give insight. It takes at least two numbers to provide insight on something.
There are some basic strategies that people use to put numbers in to context.
• See how a number changes over time
• Compare numbers from two or more companies
• Compute a number in different ways: total sales and total sales/per employee.
This assignment is to have you look at the WSJ and find instances of where this is done in articles.
Page 1 of 2
For this assignment, you are to find a total of four graphs and/or tables from the WSJ online that show or illustrate the concept describe in the motivation.
Use a screen capture tool to clip a graph or table and put them in a Word document (or equivalent). You must find four different examples from four different articles.
Provide a description of how two numbers are being used. That is, explain in your own words, how two numbers are used and not just one.
You must also provide the citation for the article. This means you need to have the title of the article, the date, and author. Use WSJ articles only, do not use Blog posts or WSJ videos.
SUGGESTED FORMAT FOR PAPER
I had instructed those who asked me to follow (in general) the project outline for breaking up the sections. Here are
based on the outline I gave you at the beginning of the term.
Basically, I want
you to orga
nize the paper into relevant sections (heading and sub headings) so that it is organized
and it is
y to find what I am looking for.
I DO NOT want one long essay!!!
I hope this help
s. You can re
organize a few things under d
ifferent sections to avoid repetition of information.
(not part of the page count)
The cover page m
ust include the following
Table of contents
(not part of page count)
Section #1: Industry Analysis
(page count starts HERE)
Here, include all background information of the i
ndustry as a whole
market structure, major
fy three major competitors
that will be part of your pr
You may also include (as a sub
- heading) Environmental Analysis (identify the top three macro environmental
- factors that play a role in this industry. Any examples
- of how firms adapt
- ed to these
- Section #2: Competitor Analysis
- Here, indicate which of the brands you have selected to represent. Then, from that brand
- ’s perspective, perform
- an analysis of that brand
- ’s strengths and weaknesses relative to each of the other two competitors
- The comparison
- s can be in terms of:
- Market segmentat
- have they segmented the market?
- Target markets
- markets are they each appealing to?
- Positioning of brands
- value prop
- are each of the bra
- nds positioned? What sources
- of competitive advantage?
- Market shares, profits, revenues
- (some measure of how successful each of the brand are)
- Section #3: Co
- nsumer Analysis
- Here, you can talk about any consumer related issues surrounding
- consumption related ac
- decision makin
- habitual, extended decision making? (Obviously you will need to
- tell us about the level of involvement)
- during which they buy
- ? Any patterns tha
- t will be useful for ma
- rketers to know?
- Who are the primary consumers?
- What are they looking for? What is the need they are looking to satisfy?
- Section #4
- Marketing Strategies
Here, include an outline of the marketing mix elements (strategy): product, pricing, promotions, placement
- Future Plans
Here, you must comment on
any recent product launches/extensions of the brand? Also,
plans the brand
- Your BIG Idea
Here, you must include YOUR OWN idea for the brand (unrelated to any plans that the brand may have for
itself). This is YOUR OWN idea
be creative. But, you must justify why you think it is a good idea for
do this. It could be a line
or a brand extens
ion that you are proposing.
It could be product
development or market development.
Basically, I want you to use your research (what you leaned) and then
creatively come up with YOUR OWN idea of something
that the brand may think about doing. It has to be more
than simply coming up with a new way to advertise, pro
It MUST BE some way in which the brand can
of Tables etc.
Note: you may also choose to include exh
n the manuscript (
not part of the page count.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂