This assignment requires you to become well versed in exemplary marketing organisations and those who don’t perform as well. Based on your course material to date and secondary research, including chats (personal communications) conducted over Christmas functions, develop a Slideshare or Prezi for presentation to your management team with 5 examples of either impressive or less than impressive marketing capability across a range of organisations or industries.
Your justified (through research) cases should include brief details of the organisation and then specifically brief discussion on how they organise internally for marketing, their STP approach (or lack of it), how their marketing or concepts are working in the current Marketing environment and aspects of the marketing mix which they are leveraging well (or not).
Examples might be from global corporations, NFP, government or your favourite coffee house (or micro business). Sources of information should include a range from journal articles to contemporary and including fresh sources like trending topics on social media.
Your presentation which should run for a maximum of 15 slides (plus titles and bibliography) aka 15 minutes.
This assessment has been designed in order to:
• Assist you to develop and demonstrate your understanding about the nature of marketing and the performance of organisations.
• Allow you to develop your research and critical thinking skills; and
• Provide you with further experience in academic and business writing and communication.
• Develop a deeper understanding of organisational issues around marketing and its execution
• Prepare a report and presentation to communicate to your work place peers examples of high and low performance marketing organisations.
• Providing a shareable link so all students can interact and “like” your material for powerful shared learning.