Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
*note Assignment is in 2 parts.
*1st part of the assignment is based solely on Astor and lodges case study
*2nd Part of the assignments requires 10 academic references
Case Study Report
The assumption is that you will represent the company’s sales and marketing staff. Your lecturer will assume the composite role of the new President and CEO, the Chairman of the Board, and the CFO. Your role will be to prepare this individual case report to persuade your President (etc) to adopt your case analysis and strategy recommendations to improve the performance of the company. The teaching objective for this case are:
PART A (Maximum 15% of Total Marks)
- To introduce students to the economics of the U.S. hotel industry.
- To affirm the fundamental role that segmentation, targeting, and positioning plays in crafting an advertising and sales program.
- To alert students to the growing senior management insistence on financial accountability when preparing marketing, advertising, and sales programs.
- To consider the objective-task approach to communication budgeting.
- To apply contribution analysis in the evaluation of marketing decisions.
PART B (Maximum 15% of Total Marks)
To study the Australian Hotel industry and then develop and justify an alternative viable blue ocean strategy approach(s) for the US Based company if it were to set up business in Australia.
Each student to individually complete one (1) case study report during the semester. The case study is worth a maximum of 30%.
Assessment (A1)- Case Due- The case is : Astor Lodge & Suites, Inc (30%) – To be found in Kerin& Peterson page 338
- Your report write-up can be a mixture of bullet point form and essay style [Times Roman, 12 point font single spacing, 2.5 cm margins].
- Structure your answers using headings and sub-headings if necessary to make it clear that you have used an analytical approach to reach your answers. The grader will be treating (apparently) random lists of issues with caution.
- Part B you must use at least 10 academic sources from peer reviewed journal articles to emphasize theoretical aspects of strategy and Harvard referencing is required