- In the country of Crete household consumption is $7,411, government spending is $4,159, net taxes are $3,959, exports are $2,479, imports are $4,004 and GDP is $17,979
What percentage of Crete’s investment is financed by private foreign savings?
- Thessaloniki is a new country that has zero debt in 2008. The government revenues and outlays from 2009 to 2013Â are the following:
|3.Â Â Â Â Â Â Year||4.Â Â Â Â Â Â Revenue||5.Â Â Â Â Â Â Outlays|
|6.Â Â Â Â Â Â 2009||7.Â Â Â Â Â Â 208||8.Â Â Â Â Â Â 381|
|9.Â Â Â Â Â Â 2010||10.Â Â 343||11.Â Â 425|
|12.Â Â 2011||13.Â Â 218||14.Â Â 221|
|15.Â Â 2012||16.Â Â 304||17.Â Â 522|
|18.Â Â 2013||19.Â Â 315||20.Â Â 370|
What was Thessaloniki’s government debt in 2013? (enter this number as positive)
- Imagine that in the country ofÂ Karpathos the interest paid on the debt of the government is $5,242, indirect taxes are $4,158, transfer payments from the government to households are $7,937, personal income taxes are $3,773,Â purchases of goods and services by the government are $4,016, social security taxes are $4,324 and corporate income taxes $2,935.
WhatÂ is the federal budget in Karpathos? (hint: this number could be positive or negative so be careful with the signs)
- In 2012 in the country of RhodesÂ the economy is at potential GDP and it has a government surplus of $193 billion. In 2013, the economy ofÂ Rhodes enters a recession and itÂ is below potential GDP and the government deficit is $95.
What is the cyclical deficit?Â (please enter this number asÂ positive).
- Assets Liabilities
Loans $139Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Deposits $275
What is the reserve ratio?
- If travelerâ€™s checks were $1,781 higher and saving deposits were $5,514 higher, M1 would be $___Â higher.
|Bills and coins||12,436|
|Saving Account Deposits||19,201|
|Small Time Deposits||22,187|
|Checking Account Deposits||45,158|
|Money Market Accounts||30,867|
What is the value of M1?
- In the economy of Milli output is 9,100 goods per year, the amount of money is $176 and each dollar is spent an average of 40 times per year. According to the Quantity Equation of Money, what is the average price level?
- Last year, Tealandia produced 63,230 bags of green tea, which sold at 21 units each of Tealandia’s currency-the Leaf. Tealandia’s money supply was 1,467. What was the velocity of money in Tealandia?
|Bills and coins||26,752|
|Saving Account Deposits||46,587|
|Small Time Deposits||44,718|
|Checking Account Deposits||36,191|
|Money Market Accounts||39,094|
What is the value of M2?
- Which list ranks assets from most to least liquid?
currency, fine art, stocks
fine art, stocks, currency
currency, stocks, fine art
fine art, currency, stocks
- Which of the following represents the Quantity Equation of Money?
M x Y = P/Y
P x V = M x Y
P/V = M/Y
M x V = P x Y