The first part of the assignment includes an informal assessment of your personal protective and risk factors associated with aging. This type of assessment could also be useful for your future client populations. In addition, you will look at how the response to death and dying varies widely among individuals and cultural groups. This second part of the assignment provides additional awareness and insight into these beliefs and practices.
Click here to download and complete the life expectancy questionnaire.
Write a 2- to 3-page response paper to your self-assessment. Address the following questions:
- What is your reaction to your estimated life expectancy?
- What lifestyle factors positively and negatively contributed to your estimate?
- How do your personal cultural variables contribute to your estimate?
In addition, specify any modifications you plan to make in response to your estimated life expectancy.
Conduct research to find cultures different from your own in terms of beliefs and practices related to death and dying.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, describe your personal cultural beliefs and practices related to death and dying. Choose a culture different from your own and describe the beliefs and practices related to death and dying in that culture. In addition, describe how these beliefs and practices differ from your own. Include two or three peer-reviewed journal articles to support your opinion.
- By Monday, July 20, 2015, prepare a 5- to 6-page analysis paper. Your response should rely upon at least three sources from professional literature. This may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov). Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Save your paper in a Microsoft Word document with the name M5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc, and upload it to the M5 Assignment 2 Dropbox.