Course: IT530 Unit: 6 Points: 90
Unit 6 Assignment
Outcomes addressed in this activity:
· Explain several network security protocols and their similarities and differences.
· Evaluate a variety of network security and management tools.
· Recommend the most appropriate network security design for a given scenario.
· Plan and describe methods of implementing firewalls and IDS systems.
· Assess network administration tools and examine their significance in a range of network environments.
IT530-2:Explore management aspects of protocols and topologies.
- Wireless networks are much more common now than was true 5 to 10 years ago. There are wireless networks available in coffee shops, airports, and hotels, as well as a variety of other public venues. In addition, many home users now have wireless networks to connect a broad range of devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and computers within their dwelling. Consider your own use of wireless networks; do you use a smartphone or a tablet? Do your methods of securing your handheld devices differ from any methods that you may use when connecting wirelessly with a computer? Do you use a wireless network at your workplace? If so, what methods are used in your workplace for securing the wireless “cloud”? Would you suggest any improvements in the wireless security that you use for home and/or work?
- Based on your research, write an 6–8 page paper that researches the concept of wireless security, as well as providing an analysis and comparison of several wireless security technologies currently available.
Preparing Your Assignment:
The written essay/paragraph formatted paper should be 6–8 pages long NOT including cover page and references. As you research wireless security, ALL of the pages must have citations and references. No more than one direct quotation (of 40 words or more) is allowed per page and bullet lists without substantial narrative included are strongly discouraged. There should be no spelling or grammar errors. All written assignments should be in APA format. APA formatted in-text citations and references are required for all sources, and all figures and tables must be captioned in APA format. If you are unfamiliar with APA formatting, please see the Kaplan Writing Center for more information on how to work with APA.
Directions for Submitting Your Assignment:
Copyright Kaplan University
Assignment Grading Rubric
Course: IT530 Unit: 6 Points: 90
Compose your Assignment in a Microsoft Word ® document and save it as Username-IT530 Assignment – Unit#.doc (Example: TAllen- IT530 Assignment-Unit6.doc). Submit your file by selecting the Unit 6: Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 6.
All papers must meet these standard requirements:
Paper follows APA formatting
Length is 6–8 pages long not including references and cover page No more than three bulleted or listed points per paper.
No more than one direct quote per page from a reference source and those quotes must be properly cited within the body and in the references at the end of the paper
Title page Reference page
Answers contain sufficient information to adequately answer the questions and contain no spelling, grammar, or APA errors. Points deducted from grade for each writing, spelling, or grammar error are at your instructor’s discretion.
For more information and examples of APA formatting, see the resources in Doc sharing or visit the KU Writing Center from the KU Homepage.
Also review the KU Policy on Plagiarism. This policy will be strictly enforced on all applicable assignments and discussion posts. If you have any questions, please contact your professor.
Review the grading rubric below before beginning this activity.