[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Assessment Task 2 – Major Assignment (case study)
• Assessment type: Individual
• Value: 40% of the total mark
• Length: 2500 words
• Due Date: Before 23:00 on Friday in Week 8.
In this assignment, you will be assessed on your understanding of the relevant international business issues and on your ability to apply them to the analysis of the challenges as well as opportunities being faced by an actual organisation. In order to achieve this, you will have to do an assignment based on real-life MNC experiences within an increasingly competitive global marketplace. The assignment will be structured on the basis of the initial plan (assessment task 1) and the feedback you received on the plan.
Please visit the websites of Hyundai Motor Company (http://worldwide.hyundai.com/) and Honda Motor Co (http://world.honda.com/) . After a careful look at these two websites and relevant literature, respond to the following questions in your final write-up:
1. What are key international success factors of these two companies in a changing global business environment? (10 marks)
2. Do you think one company is more competitive than the other with respect to global reach? If so, why? (10 marks)
3. Given the current economic downturn in North America and Europe, and the uncertain demand condition in emerging economies such as China and India, what are their future prospects in terms of internationalisation? (10 marks)
4. If you are given the responsibility of managing one of these companies, what organisational and strategic changes you will be undertaking in order to make the company more competitive and profitable and why? (10 marks)
The final write-up should be presented with the following sections:
• Title page (title of your report, your name, student number and word count)
• Introduction (up to 150 words)
• Your response to Question 1 (make your own heading for this section)
• Your response to Question 2 (make your own heading for this section)
• Your response to Question 3 (make your own heading for this section)
• Your response to Question 4 (make your own heading for this section)
• Conclusion (up to 150 words)
• Reference List (is excluded from word counts)
Guidelines for the final write-up
1. Given the analytical nature of this assignment, being descriptive is not appropriate for the final write-up.
2. Keep the Introduction and Conclusion short (maximum 150 words each).
3. Since the four questions are equally weighted, the length of your responses to each question should be approximately equally arranged, say around 600 words for each question.
4. Total length of the assignment is limited to 2500 words excluding references (10% more or less is allowed).
5. Theories and examples are encouraged to substantiate your arguments.
Important structure and presentation requirements for Assignment 2
• The students are expected to maintain a high standard in presenting their works.
• The clarity of expressions together with the appropriate use of grammar, spelling and punctuations are important to maintain.
• Any use of comments, information, data or quotations from any sources (books, journals, newspapers, web etc.) must be cited using a consistent referencing style (Harvard, APA or the RMIT College of Business Guidelines for Referencing and
• At least 8(eight) academic references must be cited along with other non-academic references such as articles from periodicals, newspapers and web pages.
• Use appropriate pagination. 12 point font in Times New Roman should be used throughout. 1.5-spacing with appropriate margins on all sides (at least 2 cm) need to be maintained.
• Level of mastery of the subject matters
• Quality of analysis and justification
• Academic writing clarity, logic and skills
• Quality, relevance and sufficiency of references
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]