This is an opportunity for you to evaluate the effectiveness of inferential statistics in health care. Locate one of the following articles listed below* and answer the following questions:
- What is the quantitative problem statement?
- What is the quantitative purpose statement?
- What are the quantitative research questions and hypotheses?
- How was the data collected?
- How was the data analyzed?
- What was the benefit of using the selected statistical test?
- What was the outcome of the study?
Ward, R. M., Popson, H. C. & DiPaolo D. G. (2010). Defining the Alpha Female: A Female Leadership Measure. Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 17(3), 309–320.
Nowicka, P. Lanke, J., Pietrobelli, A., Apitzsch, E., & Flodmark, C. (2009). Sports camp with six months of support from a local sports club as a treatment for childhood obesity.Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 37(8), 793–800.
Philips, N., Sioen, I., Michels, N., Sleddens, E., & De Henauw, S. (2014). The influence of parenting style on health related behavior of children: Findings from the ChiBS study.International Journal Of Behavioral Nutrition & Physical Activity, 11(1), 1–23. doi:10.1186/s12966-014-0095-y
Celik, S. (2013). A media comparison study on first aid instruction. Health Education Journal, 72(1), 95–101.