Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
- Prepare the Circus family�s year 2014 individual income tax return (Form 1040). Include any required alphabetical schedules (Schedule A, B, etc). Even if itemized deductions are less than the standard deduction, attach a detailed Schedule A to show your work. You do not have to include any numerical forms. For example, you are not required to complete Form 2106 for unreimbursed employee expenses (Sch A).
2. Group tax return – turn in one tax return per group of two. List names of group members as preparers.
3. Use the �fill in� option for printed forms – no handwritten tax returns accepted.
4. If you put more than one income or expense item on any given tax return line, attach a schedule showing the detail of amounts included. Reference the form number and line number. For example (how to reference)�Form 1040, line 21 � Other Income.
5. If information is not specifically provided, assume the answer is n/a. Round all amounts to whole dollars. Do not put �00� in cents column, leave blank.
6. You are not allowed to discuss tax return with anyone except your team member and me.
7. You are not allowed to use tax preparation software � not even as a reference.
Instructions to download Form 1040:
IRS Website: www.irs.gov Select: Forms and publications (left side of page)
Select: Current Forms and Pubs
Tax forms listed in numerical order, Form 1040 starts on page 13
We should fill form 1040, schedule A, B and D for this project.