[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Prepare and submit a paper responding to the following items:
The study performed by McKnight, Stetson, Bakken, Curran, Cimino (2002) examined the perceived information needs and communication difficulties among inpatient physicians and nurses at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Read through this study carefully then write a scholarly essay that answers and addresses the following:
1. In what ways are the information needs of physicians and nurses at Presbyterian Hospital similar? In what ways are they different?
2. From the study, select three to four specific information needs and identify key data inputs, processes and outputs necessary for the information to be accurate and useful.
3. For each of the information needs selected above, describe what systems and methods of communication you believe would be best for sharing and communicating the information and knowledge. Explain why.
LENGTH: 3 pages
• Incorporation of concepts associated with data, information and knowledge as related to information technology systems and communications among health care participants.
• Identification, description and comparisons of important types of data and information required by nurses and physicians.
• Identification of barriers to effective communications and sharing of information as well as how information systems can be used to help overcome them.
• Use and application of literature, expert opinion and references from your research to support your position, key points and explanations. Follow APA format for your paper including in-text citations and references.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]