5 OR 6Â PAGES IN TOTAL
PLEASE READ THE ASSIGNMENT CAREFULLY
REFERENCES A MUST
must have intext citations
In preparation for a court appearance, the federal law enforcement agency wants to ensure proper forensic processes and techniques are used in a computer crime case involving identify theft.
When challenging the admissibility of the digital evidence, the defense examiner will evaluate the authentication and chain of custody techniques used. The federal law enforcement agency would like your company, AB Investigative Services (ABIS), to identify in a report the possible authentication and chain of custody techniques acceptable inÂ the investigative process, including issues relating to First and Fourth Amendment privacy issues with respect to computer-related technologies.
Using the library, Internet, or any other credible materials, Â provide the following in your report to the federal law enforcement agency:
- Begin the report with a one page overview of the forensics process and the steps taken by an examiner related to identity theft and computer crime.
- Provide 2-3 pages identifying:
- two recommended examples of authentication acceptable inÂ the investigative process of identity theft
- two recommended examples of chain of custody techniques of digital evidence.
- Provide 2-3 pages explaining:
- what is consideredÂ legal orÂ illegal under the guidelinesÂ of the First and Fourth Amendments in relation toÂ the identity theft investigation