HW3 – Arithmetic, Logic and Program Control Instructions
- Read Chapters 5 and 6 in the text The Intel Microprocessors Eighth Edition.
- Participate in Discussion Question #1: Shift and Rotate Instructions
- Participate in Discussion Question #2: Jump Instructions
- Work Chapter 5 Questions and Problems 19, 31, and 37, pgs. 189-190.
- Work Chapter 6 Questions and Problems 25 and 39, pg. 221-222.
- Submit homework solutions via Assignment Upload Tool. Show all work for full credit.
Ch. 5 pg 189
19) When two 16-bit numbers are multiplied, what two registers hold the product?
Show the registers that contain the most and least significant portions of the product.
Ch. 5 Pg. 190
31) Where is the quotient found after a 64-bit division?
37) Develop a sequence of instructions that adds the 8- digit BCD number in AX and BX to
the 8-digit BCD number in CX and DX. (AX and CX are the most significant registers. The
result must be found in CX and DX after the addition.)
Ch. 6 Pg. 221
25) Explain how the LOOPE instruction operates.
39) Explain what the RET 6 instruction accomplishes.