These questions will appear on the short essay format test on Blackboard.
I recommend you work in a WORD document and COPY+PASTE your answers into the text boxes when done.
Your submission has to have DEPTH, not length.
- REVIEW the notions of Civility in Dr. Forni’s book “Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct”. Select THREE of the notions listed on this page http://goo.gl/kcKI3d (Forni, 2002, p. 8) and in 5-7 sentences EACH explain how these notions are represented or violated in Il Cavallo OR Gravity Kills Me OR Statesville. Consider how Civility played a role in the conversation between the main characters in each story.
- RE-READ “Career Coach: How to cultivate civility in the workplace” http://goo.gl/IOdA2J. Would you consider Walberg’s or Jan’s behavior as civil? Explain your response in your own words in 8-10 sentences based on your reading of the article above. How could they have been more civil to one another?
- PICK EITHER IL CAVALLO OR STATESVILLE AND DISCUSS IT ALONG THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
RE-READ the Turing’s Cathedral article here: goo.gl/QcV8mD. What comparisons can you find between the story of Leonardo da Vinci and John von Neumann with their respective inventions, innovations?
– Describe these polymaths based on the story/article in your own words in 3-5 sentences.
– Describe the potential issues with great innovations based on the story/article in your own words in 3-5 sentences. (A small bonus may apply for referring back to contents discussed in chapter #4 under ethical behavior and decision support.)