Leaders of organizations are charged with solving problems every day. Addressing and solving organizational issues requires structure and frameworks such as theories and concepts that explain what is going on around us. This Critical thinking assignment is designed to help decision makers develop skills associated with framing, articulating, and solving management questions.
To begin this assignment, complete the following:
• Review the Module 5 lecture. (Attached )
• Complete the Formulating the Management and Research Questions Worksheet( Attached ) by following these steps:
• Consider the scenario provided on Page 2 of the lecture, putting yourself in Sheila’s place as the leader of this organization.
• Reviewing the symptoms that Sheila has observed and her managers have described, formulate a statement that you think describes the management dilemma confronting the organization and place it on your worksheet. (Worksheet box #1)
• Using your library resources, begin to explore professional journals and select current research articles published within the last five years that are relevant to your management dilemma. Place the APA-formatted references for 3-4 relevant articles that you reviewed on your worksheet. (Worksheet box #1a).
• Use the worksheet to develop a specific management question that you want to answer. (Worksheet box #2)
• Return to the library and explore 3-4 additional relevant articles specific to your research question and place the APA references for them on the worksheet. (Worksheet box #2a.)
• Break down the management question you are asking into 2-3 sub-questions on the worksheet. (Worksheet box #3).
• Use your online and library resources to identify a decision-making, organizational culture, or other theory that might be relevant to your management and research questions.
• Create a brief history and posits of the theory.
• Save your worksheet to your computer.
Develop a paper synthesizing the information you found to answer the management questions you posed on your worksheet.
• You should describe how the 6-8 research articles identified during your exploration helped you answer your questions.
• Explain how the theory that you identified might be relevant to your management questions.
Paper requirements include:
• 1-2 pages in length
• Clear, concise academic writing style
• Third person
• formatted according to y academic writing standards and APA style guidelines – including title page, citations, and references
• Submit both your completed paper and your completed worksheet together in one document.