While decentralisation is widely used as a strategy to improve governance and service delivery in practice it has achieved decidedly mixed results especially in developing countries. In the context of decentralisation theory evaluate the performance of a recent decentralisation policy/program from a developing country of your choice highlighting the factors that explain such results.
(2000 words essay)
• Thoroughly researched your essay topic showing the depth of knowledge beyond core readings
• Clearly identified relevant issues and theories
• Shown your ability to synthesize/integrate evidence from varied sources
• Posed critical/ intelligent and clearly focused questions
• Provided adequate and convincing set of evidence in support of statements and arguments
• Clearly structured and expressed your ideas
• Effectively aligned discussions with the framework developed/proposed
• Taken an analytical approach
• Made observations with lessons and policy implications
I send the essential readings from class :
• Conyers, Diana 2007, ‘Decentralisation and service delivery: lessons from Sub-Saharan Africa’, IDS Bulletin, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 18-32.
• Conyers, Diana 1986, ‘Decentralisation and development: a framework for analysis’, Community Development Journal, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 88-97.
• Prud’homme, Rémy 1995, ‘The dangers of decentralization’, The World Bank Research Observer, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 201-220.
• Rondinelli, Dennis A & Cheema, G Shabbir 1983, ‘Implementing decentralization policies: an introduction’, in Rondinelli, Dennis A & Cheema, G. Shabbir (eds.), Decentralization and development: policy implementation in developing countries, Sage, Beverly Hills, pp. 9-34.
• Siddiquee, Noore Alam 1997, ‘Decentralisation and development: the theoretical debate’, in Siddiquee, Noore Alam, Decentralisation and development: theory and practice in Bangladesh, 1st edn, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, pp. 46-66.
• Smith, Brian 2002, ‘Decentralization’, in Kirkpatrick, CH, Clarke, Ron & Polidano, Charles, Handbook on development policy and management, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK, pp. 389-399.
• Siddiquee, Noore Alam, Nastiti, Dian & Sejati, Nur Ana 2012, ‘Regional autonomy and local resource mobilization in Eastern Indonesia: problems and pitfalls of fiscal decentralization’, Asian Affairs: an American Review, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 44-68
• Robinson, Mark 2007, ‘Does decentralisation improve equity and efficiency in public service delivery provision?’, IDS Bulletin, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 7-17.
• And also another 15 articles related to forestry decentralization.
The number of reference is flexible, you can add your own resources if available and needed.
Technically, the writer only need to add some 1000 words, as I already made 1000 words of proposal essay. (I also send the essay proposal that has been marked by my lecturer, please pay attention for her advise). I pay extra 375 words to give you more space if my proposal is difficult to expand (you can change some idea). The writer might add the introduction, the discussion, etc to make the essay flows better and coherence.
Please provide me where information/idea is being drawn from (Sources/author, year, page, and PARAGRAPH) in order to make me easy to do checking process. To avoid repeated revise order, please cited accurately. I have bad experience from another writer about wrong cited essay.