home / study / questions and answers / business / accounting / ross, attorney at law, expierienced the following …
Ross, Attorney at Law, expierienced the following transactions in 2013, their first year of operation:
`1. Purchased $1,500 of office supplies on account.
2. Accepted $36,000 on February 1, 2013, as a retainer for services to be performed evenly over the next 12 months.
3. Perofrmed legal services for cash of $84,000
4. Paid cash for salaries expense of $32,000
5. Paid a cash dividend to the stockholder’s of $8,000
6. Paid $1,200 of the amount due on accounts payable.
7. Determined that at the end of the accounting period, $150 of office supplies remained on hand.
8. On December 31, 2013, recognized the revenue that had been earned for services performed in accordance with Transaction 2.
Show the effects of the events on the financial statements model like the following on. In the cash Flow column, use the intials OA to designate operating activity, IA for investing activity, FA for financing activity, and NC for net change in cash. Use NA to indicate accounts not affected by the event. The first event has been recorded as an example:
Assets = Liabilites + Stk Equity
Event No. Cash + Supplies = Accts, Pay. + Unearn. Rev. + Ret. Earn. Rev. – Exp. = Net Inc. Cash Flow
1 NA + 1500 = 1500 + NA + NA NA – NA = NA NA