The purpose of the Final Paper is for you to examine the issues related to corrections as well as the best strategies and options designed to meet the goals of corrections. Your paper should include the following:
- An explanation of the history of the corrections system and varying approaches to corrections by era.
- A complete description of the participants of the corrections system and their roles.
- A detailed analysis of the impediments, or issues, faced by corrections administrations when running a prison.
- A complete description of the rights of prisoners, and the administration of required services by prison officials.
- A detailed description of alternative forms of corrections, including methods of rehabilitation and reintroduction to society.
- A comprehensive list of alternative strategies to incarceration with an assessment, both pro and con, showing their worth as related to traditional, incarceration strategies.
You must incorporate at least five resources, other than the text, in your Final Paper. The paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources (at least two of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library) other than the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page