[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Critically analyse the protection provided by the Equality Act 2010 to those persons who are prevented from expressing their religion or belief by dress codes and uniform rules.
You should support your answer with relevant legislation, case law, policy issues and academic sources concerning all of these.
The following cases should be taken into account (note: this is not a comprehensive list, other cases could be used as well):
• Grainger Plc v Nicholson  IRLR 4.
• Azmi v Kirklees Metropolitan Borough Council  IRLR 484 (EAT).
• Eweida v British Airways  EWCA Civ 80.
• Eweida v the United Kingdom and Chaplin v the United Kingdom App.Nos. 48420/10, 59842/10, 51671/10 and 36516/10, judgment 15 January 2013
• R (on the application of SB) v Headteacher and Governors of Denbigh High School  UKHL 15
• R on the application of Watkins-Singh) v Governing body of Aberdare Girls’ High School  EWHC 1865
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]