1. Begin your paper by defining epigenetics in your own words and discussing your reaction to the video.
2. Research and locate one article on epigenetics (select a study on research conducted on humans, not plants or insects) from a reputable academic source:
• journal articles
• government publications based on research
Do not use:
• magazines of any sort, printed or online
How to Perform Your Research
Use the College Library in person or online (log in with your MDC ID number. Your password is the last four digits of your MDC ID unless you have changed it).
3. Read the epigenetics article you find. Continue your paper with a discussion of the epigenetics article. Be sure to paraphrase (put things in your own words) and be sure to cite the author(s) of the article you find using APA style (see the section below on using APA style). Aim for about a page for this part of your paper.
Discuss the concept of epigenesis in light of your family history. Aim for one page for this section of your paper
3. Discuss how you can improve your health and longevity in light of your findings in these questionnaires, your understanding of epigenetics, and your knowledge of your family history. This should be your final page.
General Rules for an “A” Paper
• 1,000 words
• Original work; plagiarism score of less than 10% (90% original work)
• Double-spaced, 12-point font, 1-inch margins
• Covers all 6 tasks
• College-level grammar
• Cite your article APA style.
• No abstract, no cover
• Place your name and reference number on the first page. Use page numbers.